Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Review

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Maybelline's Color Tattoos and figured I would try it out. These are said to be comparable to MAC's Paint Pots as well as Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows. Since I've yet to try a Paint Pot (on the list,) I can't really compare them but I can compare it to Benefit.


I purchased the color Bad to the Bronze. 





The consistency is nice, really smooth; It's feels thicker and heavier than Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow, but really, I can't complain. It's easy to blend and very build-able. You can do a light sweep for a hint of bronze or layer it on and get the full on bronze color like the swatch above. 

I wore this the other day as an all-over lid color with Smashbox Bronze shadow in the crease. I really liked the way it looked and I feel like this bronze color will go well with lots and lots of other neutrals. Can't wait to try it out with the Naked 2 palette (when I can get my hands on it.) Anyway, here is a photo of what that looked like on my lids.

I used this picture in a previous post. Hope you guys don't mind!

Looks good, eh? I didn't wear a primer with this because I wanted to see if it would crease by the end of the day. It did. I'm sure that can be rectified with a primer though. 

I did another swatch with Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit because I think the combo is gorgeous. Here's what they look like side by side.




I prefer the consistency of Benefit but for around $7.00, you can still get a decent cream eyeshadow. It's great for the price and I would definitely recommend it. You can get around three of these for the price of one Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow, so if you're on a budget, go with the Color Tattoo. If you aren't on a budget, Get Both! haha!

Til next time,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment