Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

I've been eyeing these babies for quite some time and I finally went out and picked some up.


I'm sure you have heard of them about a million times before but I'm going to go ahead and do a review anyways.


Left to Right: Strawberry Shortcake, Berry Smoothie, Raspberry Pie, 
Peach Parfait, Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple

Swatches in the same order.


I love these Lip Butters, especially for Spring/Summer because they are really sheer. Essentially, they are just highly pigmented lip balms. They're great because you can still get the color you want without having heavy lipstick on. They're all pretty wearable and super easy to apply, you don't even really need to look in a mirror. The line also has a bunch of colors that are absolutely gorgeous for the coming seasons.

Strawberry Shortcake: I wasn't so sure about buying this one because I'm not very big on pink lip colors. I must admit, however, that I do like this one. It's just the right pink for me. It's blue toned and has a bit of a shimmer to it, which is nice.

Berry Smoothie: This is a very wearable color. You could wear it everyday because it isn't super bright and in your face. It's more of a mauve color with silver shimmer.

Raspberry Pie: I have been looking for a raspberry lip color but I didn't want one that was too heavy on my lips which makes this PERFECT! There is no shimmer to this one, just nice, beautiful raspberry color. I'm in love.

Peach Parfait: The one and only. This is almost a my lips but better color for me. It's so pretty. I have been wearing this one almost every day since I got it. Obviously it's a peachy color but it has gold flecks of shimmer in it which I was slightly unsure about at first but not anymore! I seriously cannot live without this color. If I were to tell you to get one Lip Butter, this would be it.

Tutti Frutti: If you are like me and have been looking for a coral color for Summer, look no further. This, to me, is perfect because just like with Raspberry Pie, the color isn't too heavy on my lips. It gives them the perfect coral color without being all "Hey, my lips are fucking coral!"

Cherry Pie: It's red, but it's not a super deep or bright red. It's gives your lips a nice red "wash," I would say.  I thinks it's nice for Summer too because you can still get that red color in what is more like a balm than a lipstick.

All in all I would recommend these to anyone and everyone because I am in love. I can't wait to put these on every day and all the colors are gorgeous. Do yourself a favor and go get at least one.


Til next time,
B




No comments:

Post a Comment