Thursday, June 14, 2012

June's MyGlam Bag

What a great month to be a Glammie! Why, you may ask? 

This month's bag was exceptional in my opinion, especially in comparison with the past few bags.

The theme was "Out All Night."


The bag itself I am not impressed with at all. That glitter does not want to stay on there. AT ALL. I think it was meant to be a clutch type thing that you could take with you or whatever but it's just not. Not to mention the fact that it literally smells like fish, EW! I wish I had a bag I could actually use but the products included in the bag completely make up for it.


Philosphy take a deep breath oil-free energizing oxygen gel cream moisturizer 
Phew, what a mouth-full



I have only used this once so far but I really like it! Typically I prefer moisturizers like this one, that are more of a light gel consistency rather than a heavy cream. Oil free is always a plus for me too. My skin is oily enough as it is!

The MyGlam card reads "This lightweight moisturizer detoxifies and helps protect for a healthy-looking glow."


Living Proof frizz Nourishing Styling Cream


I have not yet had a chance to try this one out but anything that reduces frizz is my friend! I feel like this is a pretty generous sized sample as well. I'm not sure how much of this you would need but in my experience with styling creams/hair products, a little goes a long way.

MyGlam card reads, "Stops frizz in its tracks, keeping all styles frizz-free, soft and smooth.    Living Proof's miracle molecule, OFPMA, conqeurs frizz by blocking humidity without silicone or heavy oils."

Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen




Initially, I was really excited about this eyeliner because I have been wanting a felt tip eyeliner pen. This one, however, just does not do it for me. I have a couple of reasons for this. 
  1. It says on the product "Don't use with lenses." Can someone please tell me what kind of company makes a product for use around the eyes but cannot be used with contacts? This basically means I can only use this when I wear my glasses, which is not often.
  2. It also says on the the product that this is "permanent." It's not. At least not in the way you would possibly want it to be. This is ink based and so all it does is dye the skin. The swatch above is just after application. The top layer will wash off and run with water, but it does leave a faint line of color that really is a bitch to get off. I would want this to stay a true black instead of leaving behind a faint black-ish line.
A couple things I do like about this product:
  1. The application. I really enjoy the felt tip and feel that I have a lot of control over where my line is going.
  2. It is made with organic ingredients.

MyGlam card reads, "Master the art of beautiful eyes with this unique waterproof, smudge free, and long-lasting semi-permanent eyeliner pen."


NYX Round Lipstick




This one is in the color "Georgia." It is my first NYX lipstick and I really do like the formulation. The color is not something I would wear everyday but it will be a nice color to have in my collection. It makes me excited to get more NYX products because the are so cheap and very good quality.

MyGlam card reads, "Incredible color that resists wear and smudging, let your lipstick last all night with an amazing velvety smooth, mineral formula."


So that's it for the June MyGlam bag. Overall, I'm very happy that I decided to keep my subscription and not cancel based on all the negative experiences others have had with them. I am extremely excited to receive the next one and continue trying out the products from this month.


Til next time,
B

1 comment:

  1. Iron - Titanium melting point - TITIAN ART
    Stainless steel core core. The Titanium core is manufactured and microtouch titanium is babylisspro nano titanium manufactured titanium sunglasses in Solingen, Germany. The core is made of aluminum, titanium knife a metal-spewing material and columbia titanium jacket a stainless

    ReplyDelete