Friday, June 15, 2012

June Birchbox

Birchbox's theme for June, "Jet Set."


This month's box was packed with items that are perfect for travelling, wherever you're going.





Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive




I haven't tried these yet but I am really excited to see how they perform. I have never used a self tanning product before and I'm glad that the first one I try will be one that seems to be pretty popular.


The Birchbox card reads, "Who needs the sun when you can get a safe, buildable, and natural-looking tan with these bestselling towelettes?"




Coola Cucumber Matte Mineral Face SPF 30




I have only used this once so far but I like it. I like when products are mattifying because my skin is more on the oily side. A few things that appeal to me about this sunblock: non-greasy, made with organic and natural ingredients, matte finish, and a cucumber scent. I didn't notice a smell at all which is good in my opinion. I don't particularly like wearing facial sunscreen that have that super strong SPF scent.


Birchbox card reads, "SPF is non-negotiable, and the eco-friendly facial sunscreen stands out for its antioxidant packed formula, fresh scent, and grease free finish."




theBalm Cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen


"hint of tint for cheeks and lips"





I love lip stains but have never used a cheek stain before. I really like this one and I feel like it's a good introductory cheek stain for me. I love the color and it works so well on both the cheeks and the lips. I haven't been able to truly test out how long this lasts but I've heard/read very good things about it.


Birchbox card reads, "We're crazy about this two-in-one lip and cheek stain: the sheer gel formula delivers a subtle, long-wearing flush."




Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint






I have not tested this one out on my face yet, mostly because I feel that a darker shade would suit my skin better as I received the lightest shade. It sort of looks as if it may work as a highlighter though. I will definitely have to try it and find a way to make it work. It does have a bit of shimmer to it as it is a "luminizing" tinted moisturizer.


Birchbox card reads, "The votes are in, and this award-winning tinted moisturizer tops the list. It's our daily shortcut to dewy, glowing skin."




Juicy Couture Perfume




This is not a smell that I would typically find myself wearing but I really really like it. The more I wear it, the more it grows on me. I definitely will not mind getting a whiff of this throughout the day.




And last but not least, (my favorite item in the box!)


Modcloth Headband


Here is how I wore mine today.





Isn't it so freaking adorable!?! The moment I saw this in my Birchbox I got super excited. I am going to probably buy all the ones I can possibly get my hands on. The best thing about it is that it has a flexible wire running through it so you can twist and style it whatever way you want... and it will stay that way. I absolutely love the print as well. It's a grey-blue color (as you can see) with cute little dainty deer on it. It was love at first sight for me. New staple item for sure. I seriously cannot get enough of it.


Birchbox card reads, "Pair this retro-inspired accessory with a big pair of sunnies and a two-seater."




Overall, I could not be more pleased with this Birchbox. I am tremendously happy to continue to use these products and see what next month's box has in store.




Til next time,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment